Thursday, November 13, 2014

Prep Part Two & The Big Day

I got about 5 hours of sleep on Monday night, half of which was on the couch, which is closer to the bathroom than the bed. It was that kind of a night.

On D Day, aka C & E Day, aka Tuesday, I had to wake up at 5am to finish the second part of my colonoscopy prep. Because when you haven't eaten real food in 24+ hours and you've been BFF with your toilet for hours, waking up early is just what you need!

The lack of sleep and food led to a poor choice of glass for the second part of my prep. These milkshakes taunted me through a liter of coconut water mixed with miralax.


Several hours of toilet-time followed prep part two before trekking to the hospital. I was initially worried about the hour-long commute after the second part of prep, but it was fine.

I remember bits and pieces from the main event. I was semi-conscious and uncomfortable a couple of times (maybe just once?) during the procedures. They reassured me I was doing well and gave me more drugs. As they were wheeling me out, I was somehow awake enough that someone said "Oh, you're totally awake." And I said, "I'm not sure if I'd say that". My doctor then told me how everything went.

I woke up two hours later in the recovery room. I was knocked out. And no longer remembered anything the doctor said. 


Brian came to get me, and I waited for my nurse to remove my IV and discharge me. I thoroughly enjoyed a plastic cup of cranberry juice. 


I was definitely still a lil high. We got home, I shoved a veggie sandwich in face, and went back to sleep.
 
And then I woke up in time to go back to sleep. And then I woke up the next morning to realize I wasn't functional & to call into work and go back to sleep. Later Wednesday afternoon, I went back to sleep. 

I finally woke up today.

I have a follow-up appointment in Wednesday. I'm hoping I'll have some answers. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment